- It is not possible to place an elemental wall next to a wall.
- When a map file can not be found, the program should show a file
dialog instead of just an error message. In particular, this applies to
not finding the starting map (Fane of Lolth) on startup.
The LoS algorithm could be improved. See the
implementation notes for details.
- Better map rendering. Should use transparency for some map features
and generally look better.
- User defineable map features. New features that don't change the way LoS works
should not require programming.
- A settings or preferences dialog.
- Preferences should be saved in a per-user configuration file.
- Add an about dialog. Should contain a link to the home page.
Mobile device support
On a tablet pc or UMPC should work as-is. Maybe the user interface could be improved for
touch-screen operation. For smaller devices, such as PDAs or Smartphones, would require
Currently, Map Explorer should really be called LOS Explorer, since that's all it
does. Here is a list of bigger features that might be useful:
- Show ranged cover in addition to LoS.
- Movement ranges. Depending on creature size and movement type. To be really useful,
need to be ably to place friendly and opposing creatues on the map, as they affect movement.
Might show normal and double movement with different colors or icons.
Movement is not symmetric (because of difficult terrain), so there is a difference
between moving from a square and moving to a square.
- Command range.
- Line targeting.